Sunday, November 11, 2012

For Those Without Facebook Access ...

In this world so filled with technology, it's hard to imagine that some folks aren't on Facebook, but yes it's true not everyone is there. So for those folks who have tried to view the posts I did on FB, here's a repeat.

From Saturday, 20 October 2012

There's nothing like finding a brief respite in Paris when it's been raining all day long.  The skies have been cloudy and grey today, but after braving the crowd of rue Cler and rue du Bac, I wandered over to my favorite place in Paris for a spot of lunch and some peace: the garden of the Musee' Rodin, not far from the apartment I'm staying in this trip.

Musee' Rodin Gardens
Even in the rain - the gardens are beautiful, and to sit in the cafe, enjoy some warm fresh made soup and salad and gaze across the gardens - to me it is heaven on earth. Once I've done this - Paris at last begins to feel like home to me.

Strolling through the gardens after a pleasant meal and taking time to think like Le Penseur (The Thinker) and view some of Rodin's most exquisite sculptures that dot the garden - there's just nothing else like it. The next time you are in Paris - for just one Euro, you can enjoy this amazing escape from the hustle-bustle that is often Paris!

Walking down
rue St. Dominique, 7e
From Facebook, 20 October 2012

Here's the view down my street as I walk toward the apartment from the Musee' Rodin - you can see what a grey and rainy day it is - but La Tour Eiffel is managing just fine!  Me, too!

No comments: